Shabby Theme

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Starting My Garden-- The Right Way!


Yesterday afternoon was completely dedicated to my backyard garden. It was gorgeous weather, perfect for getting my garden started. Here in Hawaii you can have a flourishing year-round garden-- The key is getting it started and keeping up with the maintenance.

So, I grabbed my shovel, a bucket and my beautiful pregnant neighbor, Nicole, and got to work. We first went into the horse pasture and did the "dirty work". Shoveled old horse poo, Haha! Kind of gross, but if you want an amazing garden, you gotta get some poop!

We got all we needed and went back up to my garden plot and tilled it into the dirt {along with some amazing compost from Nicole's garden}. We then made rows and planted all my seeds. We watered it and if we did everything right, we should see starts within a week. I am VERY excited to see these little sprouts pop up.

My Little Garden Plot! Looks a little bare, but soon I'll share some pics of it sprouting!

My garden is officially full of Butter Lettuce, Red Lettuce, Tomatoes, Red and Orange Bell Peppers, Cilantro, Lime Basil, Parsley, Green Onion, Radishes & Carrots. I also planted some Lavender in a pot on the side and will stick that in the ground once it starts to grow.

After I washed up and got all the dirt {And who knows what else} out from under my nails, I made a quick, tasty dinner.  ENCHILADAS! SO tasty and delicious :)





Anyways, that was my yesterday!

XO
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment