Shabby Theme

Friday, January 18, 2013

Behind the Name {Bright Pink Purpose}

Good Afternoon Loves!

Today, I wanted to share with you where the name: My Glam Life: Living with "Bright Pink Purpose" came from!

Even if you don't know me well, you can quickly figure out that I LOVE PINK! The color makes me happy, it literally puts a smile on my face... AND if you pair it with leopard print -- Oh my, you've totally made my day! I enjoy being a girl and everything that comes with it. I will never turn down a shopping trip, makeover, tea party or girls nights out. Bright Pink is the color that encompasses my personality. The color PINK represents: femininity, love, innocence, passion, harmony, youthfulness, purity, good health, life, freshness, compassion, relaxation, playfulness and gentle emotions.

You're thinking YIKES, the woman is too pink for me! Haha! So I'll share a little about myself.  I was raised in a small town in Oregon, with my dad, mom and brothers. I spent lots of weekends growing up remodeling the old house my parents bought, camping, hiking, rock collecting {a passion of mine at a young age ;)}, riding bikes, trying to be "one of the guys" with my older brother and his friends, spending time with my grandparents on their 10 acre Christmas tree farm. My best friend was a TOTAL tomboy and had brothers herself. Basically, I was raised around guys and I have learned to LOVE and appreciate that about my childhood. My mom, whom I love and respect so very much, taught me so many important things about being a woman in a "man's world"-- Like, Don't be afraid to get your hands dirty, use some elbow grease, Be proud to be a woman, know when to talk and when to keep your opinions to yourself, Be classy, not trashy, Eat your vegetables, Be respectful, Say your pleases and thank-yous, Never take the people you meet for granted, they are in your life for a reason.

I figure these are some of the basics a parent should teach their daughters, but they stick with me. Especially-- Be proud to be a woman. Living with Bright Pink Purpose, it encompasses all that I stand for as a woman. Although I was raised around guys and tomboys, my deep feminine-ness always rose to the top.

My desire is to live with purpose, is the reason for the "Purpose" part of the name. I'm not just here on earth to be here! I'm here for a reason, I want to wake up each morning, KNOWING there is a huge purpose for me and my life. That drives me to be the best "Hannah" I can be. Honestly, when people ask me where I get my energy, zest, passion... I can confidently say, it's because my life is being used for a purpose, Christ's purpose. It's an amazing and wonderful thing to say! I wake up excited because my life has meaning. My path is one that's been laid out for me and I walk it fervently and with passion. <--- That is my purpose!

"My Glam Life" comes from the fact that I think I live a pretty darn glamorous life! My husband and our two fur-kids live in Maui, he's currently in the University of Hawaii Nursing program and I'm taking classes towards my Bachelor's in Business {Marketing & PR}. I love getting all glammed up-- Dressed to the nines, even if my hubby and I are only heading to IHOP. The word GLAM, in my opinion, gives a state of importance, excitement, attractiveness, purpose, feminine-ness, fashion forward, stylishness, classiness, or en vogue, swanky.

That's how the name came in to play. It reflects me and since it's my blog-- that only makes sense! I hope you Enjoy the blog and don't be afraid to leave comments. I love meeting new amazing people!

XO
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment