Shabby Theme

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Where do I get Motivation?

The TWO questions...

"Can you be my Motivation?" Or "Where do you get your Motivation?"

These questions have been asked to me many, MANY times since starting my health/fitness journey and becoming a health coach.

I love it! When people reach out to me and ask for help, they are acknowledging that they want a change. There is a trigger that's gone off that causes them to desire this lifestyle. My "switch" was a little over two years ago. I was DONE-- Totally fed up with myself, my eating habits, my endurance, my confidence level {or lack thereof}. I humbled myself and reached out for help! I found fit/healthy, non-toxic people and surrounded myself with their positivity. Most of them lived in Facebook land and I've never even met them in person... and that was okay with me. I was able to push myself with their long distance support because I believed in myself. My life was changed forever and I've never looked back! The friendships I made with those people at that time was essential for my personal growth and health goals.

The motivation question posed above is something that I asked one of my coaches when I started my journey. I asked her to be my motivation. She simply said, she is here for me, she can guide me, she can encourage me, but the ONLY person who can motivate me is myself and the BELIEF that I can accomplish my goals. This was a hard one for me-- I had never pushed myself to  this limit before and I wasn't sure I could do it. {Those of you who have trained, KNOW the limits you have to take you body to}. It's not easy to say no to cake or pizza, doing the last rep is freaking hard and you want to stop, the emotional aspect of changing your habits and body takes a tole. There are so many things, but what you have to keep focusing on if the belief you have in your goals, aspirations and in yourself!

You can do ANYTHING you put your heart to. KNOW you can do it, believe in yourself, if you fail one day or fall off track-- that should not stop your movement. You pick right back up and go. When your alarm goes off and you've barely slept, still get up! Lace up your shoes and go!

When you start seeing changes in yourself, it will become your motivation. You have less doubts, you have more confidence, excuses don't even matter any more because you've conquered your old doubtful self.

I am here for you! I'll coach you and encourage you and give you advice, tips, samples... But BELIEVE in yourself and become your own motivation, you are amazing and perfect and the goals you've set for yourself are real and powerful and you will achieve them!

 XO,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment