Shabby Theme

Sunday, June 16, 2013

6 months preggo & so thankful for DADS!

It's was a super lazy week for me last week... Not for the hubby though, so I made it my goal to just be THERE for him, encourage him when he was overwhelmed and make sure he's getting fed! He is such a hard worker and as a RN student/hubby/soon-to-be-dad/worker his life is absolutely crazy- While I'm enjoy a more leisurely life until Moses comes, I may as well help my better half out.

Pregnancy Update: 6 months along- Feeling really sleepy this week, back pain {Physical Therapy is helping with that}, heartburn {Tum, Tu, Tum, Tum, Tums!!!}, lots of baby kicks & flips. Overall, not bad-- Can't eat a thing past 4-5pm without feeling super uncomfortable, so I've been juicing, making a shake or eating some protein pudding to get my nutrients.


I've been doing a lot of learning, soul-searching, internalizing... Whatever you want to call it! I've been really trying to work on my mindset and myself. There are a few things that have come up over the last couple weeks that I'm not to happy about. Just the way I approach certain things in life and the fear that I carry with me. Fear is such a handicap-- It's a crutch too. It holds me back from reaching my potential, stops me from being authentic, gives me reasons to make excuses. It's just ugly and the way I let it into my life is ugly. So, lots of praying, spending time in the scriptures, chatting with a guru, my hubby ;) He is SUCH a go-getter, positive, doesn't let anything get in his way type of person. Fear in the areas I struggle with, don't even phase him! I'm so thankful for him- WOW! It's been a learning week, which isn't always fun-- But it's necessary. I have HUGE goals for myself and I won't reach them without digging deep and getting rid of the fears I hold on to. My motto right now-- "Let your faith {and dreams} be BIGGER than your fears." More bold and beautiful Hannah in the works, lol... Stay tuned!


Another fun thing this week was Father's Day-- Dave's first one! He's been an amazing father to our fur-kids for years & he talks about little Moses with excitement in his voice, so it was fun to celebrate him today with some special lovin'.
To MY dad, who is the best father I could ask for! He's loving, hard working, has a huge heart, kind spirit and chose to take ME as his daughter! He didn't have to adopt me and could have been just been my "step-dad" but he stepped up to the plate when no one else would and raised me. We have argued, butted heads, disagreed- I've given him more than his share of teenage girl attitude, but he's loved me every day since we've met and I'm grateful for that. He's also going to be the greatest grandpa ever!    
{Sad that I couldn't find a pic of us :/ but I'll see him in 17 days, when I visit Oregon & I'm taking pics}
I also want to shout out to my father-in-law. His crazy passion for Christ as my youth pastor and pastor has influenced my life in more ways that I could thank him for. Also, his love for my mother-in-law has benefited my life as their son loves me unconditionally because of their amazing examples of a Christian marriage.
To my gramps as well-- He tops the list as one of my most favorite people on this earth. He is one-of-a-kind, he loves me, he has a huge heart {though he covers it with his toughness} and I have so many fun memories with him.

HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO ALL!

XO Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment