Shabby Theme

Monday, January 13, 2014

Happy New Year 2014 {resolutions and such}

Hello January!!

The month of NEW promises to ourselves and new resolutions made! I LOVE IT! So many people diss the “resolution” process… Not I.
Setting goals, Creating dreams, Finding new beginnings… I THRIVE on those things ;)

Anywho, The last three months have been nothing but CRAZY with becoming parents, the holiday season, traveling to Oregon for those holidays. I’ve loved showing off our little Moses to family and friends. There is NOTHING like being home --- > and I feel like Oregon IS my home.

 
Moses' First Christmas {in Oregon}

But being back at our “home for the next 11 months” MAUI feels great as well! Getting back in to our regular routine, Dave starting his LAST year of Nursing school, watching Moses do all those baby things that are just too adorable. Ahh, life is good.
 
Our first hike of the year {in Maui}
Soooo….

My New Years resolutions: “clears throat & stands on pedestal” ;) {These are not in order of importance as they all interact with each other to create the ultimate resolution = To be better than I was last year}
1} Be a FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC wife and mom to my boys. Nurture them, love on them, cook for them, clean for them, be patient with them, give lots of kisses and hugs to them… You get the idea!
2} Create a awesome post baby body, my {fitness} goals for the year consist of yoga, walking with the stroller, TurboFire and general exercises using my own body weight {lunges, squats, push-ups, etc.} I realize that it took 9 months to create little Moses in my body, I want to take it nice and slow to get back to where I was.
3} My health goals: Juicing more with my {Omega 8006}. Eating 80/20 that’s 80% clean, 20% indulge. Choose greens over grease. Lay off the cheese/dairy and bread, that stuff should be used in moderation {my personal choice, I feel better when I don’t consume tons of dairy & I’m addicted to bread so… That’s an issue}
4} Daily devotions… 13 days in and I’m going strong. Doing different devotion books, spending time reading from the Word, studying and joining a few online bible studies. Bringing the bible into our everyday lives. Deuteronomy 6:6-7 These words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. <- My assignment as a mom right thurrrrr…  Teach my baby the word diligently, which mean I have to know it myself! Boom, done!
5} ENJOY my last 11 months in Hawaii. We’ll be moving back to the mainland in December and I want to do EVERRRRRYTHING I can to leave this island feeling amazing and ready for our next adventure.  This summer especially, because Dave will be out of school and we’ll have 4 months to LIVE IT UP!! There are so many amazing people here and so much beauty, I want to soak it up {as well as some sunshine} before we head to Oregon.

Alright! Whew! My resolutions are out there for all to see. Bring it 2014!

XO

Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment