Shabby Theme

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Comparison is the thief of {JOY}.

I’ve been receiving some messages/e-mails lately from some ladies in my “fit-fam”. {I’m in a TON of fit mom, bodybuilding, fitness, healthy eating groups and meet TONS of ladies who now earn the title of my “fit-family”} They are asking, “How are you losing your baby weight?” and “What exercises are you doing?”, “Do you have stretch marks?”, “How do you have energy to workout?”

I think it’s great that we as women can encourage each other by sharing our tips and tricks to getting the baby weight off. Talking about how we can get a workout in when we are BEYOND exhausted or what we can do to lose weight without losing our milk supply. What’s NOT great is when you compare your body/story to mine or vice-versa. Losing baby weight takes TIME à a concept I didn’t quite understand until I had Moses. I thought at {3 months Postpartum} I would be close to where I was before I had him… Not realizing the havoc pregnancy throws at your body. Not only your “physical shape” but your hormones, your motivation, your lack of sleep AFTER baby gets here, the stretch marks, the mommy brain {They never told me that “pregnancy brain” lasts BEYOND the pregnancy}.
What is working for me, may not work for you. You may lose 10 lbs. in the time it takes me to lose 2 lbs. Maybe you can go on a juice cleanse, well I can’t because I get a farty/unhappy baby. Maybe I’m up walking a couple miles a day and you are still icing it on the couch… The list goes on in ways we can compare our journeys to others, but what’s important is that we LOVE our bodies at whatever post-baby stage they’re at.




The honest truth is that ALL women {and men, but I’m speaking mainly for women} can let judgment and jealousy into our lives and it can steal our happiness.  Moms, you’ve had a beautiful child GROW inside of you. YOU provided life for that child you love so very much. As important as it is to me to get rid of the baby weight! It’s MORE important to me to enjoy my son and his amazingness. Also, to realize how magnificent it is that my body made him and is now feeding him and keeping him healthy. HELLO???? Not everyone gets that gift!!



I’d LOVE to share what I’m doing to shed this weight, where I’m getting my motivation, what I’m eating. But don’t compare. Look deep inside who YOU are and be happy with your journey. We ALL start somewhere and wherever you start is beautiful. You are beautiful!

XO
Hannah

1 comment:

  1. Very well said, Hannah! It is so easy to compare yourself to others. Especially when it comes to losing baby weight and also what my baby is doing compared to your baby.

    I have been so worried about "dieting" and losing my supply so I haven't really been doing anything, until last week. I joined weight watchers. I have realized that I love all the bad (yummy) food and have a hard time with meal plans and really need that accountability. Finding time to work out is still really hard as my husband works swing shift so when I get off work, he goes to work. And when it's raining, I'm stuck inside. I do get out for walks when I can!

    ReplyDelete