Shabby Theme

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Getting Rid of the "Debbie-Downer" Mentality!


HELLO!!! This is a confession/learning situation post... 



This morning I was totally struggling with being content, or the lack of... Uugghh! Most of the time I look to the positive things in life and live “glass half full”, but for some reason I let the small {insignificant} things take over my mind. Negativity is like a poison to me, some people can live their whole lives being a Debbie-Downer and letting life get the best of them. Not I! I thrive on positivity and endorphins!

I woke up and was super irritated with the smallest little issues, some say to blame it on pregnancy hormones—But I take full responsibility for my negativity in this instance. I was just letting these issues become an elephant when it was really only the size of an ant.

After Dave left for work {He was eager to leave me to my issues, I’m sure!} I knew I needed to do something to get out of this funk! I sat on the porch as he drove away and started writing down all of the things that were bothering me. I read them over and over and it suddenly occurred to me; I was creating this victim attitude towards these small issues that, in the BIG picture, mean NOTHING! I was bringing down my husband, totally ignoring the pups, causing a fuss over absolutely nothing… I felt like a total loser.  So, I laced up my shoes, grabbed my water bottle and headed out for a walk –FRESH AIR- exactly what the Doctor orders in these situations. After my walk, I came home and turned on a prenatal yoga video {STRETCH}, sat and took deep breaths. Thinking about that list and cancelling out all of the situations I wrote down, with positive thoughts instead of negative. I know this sounds all new-age-y and spiritual, but it really wasn’t.
I needed solitude, where I could be alone with my thoughts, focus on the blessings that will come out of these situations that seem “bigger & badder than life” and MOVE THE HECK ON! Sometimes you have to give up the good to get to the great!
Thank you Lord for helping me see!!

What I learned: We are all dealt certain situations in life that totally suck! Some worse than others—WE are the ONLY ones who can either look at the positive through these situations or focus on how horrible they are. There is no one who will do it for us.

Dwell on the negative or positive? It’s totally your decision, but when I took a few deep breaths and got rid of those negative situations, I felt like a MILLION BUCKS. The hubby cam home to a HUGE apology, clean house and dinner. The pups got their pettins, and I got my “happy” back.

Have you ever been in this situation?? Do you let the "debbie-downers" take you down??

XO,
Hannah

Definitely look a happier than I was, LOL-- Sweat out your issues! It works!

No comments:

Post a Comment