Shabby Theme

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Live Abundantly in Ephesians

I am a Christian. Christ is my first and foremost passion. As Christians or anyone really, it's so hard to get caught up in the things of this world! What we want others to see us as, our worth, our bank account, our looks, our stuff... All of these perishable earthly things. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against ANY of these things. I want to be worth something, I enjoy swiping my plastic knowing there is money in there, I love feeling healthy and having a body that shows it. What I often forget it is Who gave it to me. Who gave me these earthly blessings, my looks, my heart, my passions, my physical/spiritual wealth. Jesus did.

The world is constantly trying to trap us into thinking we are in charge of our own "beings" and the universe is what centers us, while yoga balances us and herbal tea restores us. PLEASE don't get me wrong, I enjoy yoga and drink tea like crazy!! But those things are not what fills me. The ONLY reason I am here right now is because of my relationship with my Lord and the ONLY reason I have the things I do is because of my relationship with my Lord. He is where I find peace, love, harmony, balance, restoration and my center.

This past week was a re-focus week for me. Getting right and remembering WHO I serve! Saying, "My Will for Your Will". There is nothing better. Period.

Having my father-in-law visit last week was great, he is a pastor and has a passion for Christ I have never seen in anyone else! Even though he is my father-in-law and has, over the years, done those "father-in-law" kind of things {I will leave it at that, LOL}... He remains my pastor and someone I respect very highly in my Christian walk. It was because of him 10 years ago, sharing his passion for Christ with his youth group that I began my {serious} walk with the Lord. So spending time with him this week was so nice and refreshing.

I'm currently doing a study through the book of Ephesians.




















Do you do a daily Devotional? Tell me about it! Let's connect!

XO ~ Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment